Best Practices in Bidding Construction Projects
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
Learn best practices in the construction bid process so you can achieve the best results for your company.This topic focuses on best practices for bidding construction projects and details the essential considerations involved in this process. The presentation will analyze the different project delivery methods and the extent to which the project type might affect bidding. The material will cover both private and public works and will highlight the important distinctions between the two, especially in the context of bidding the projects. The information will help all the primary players better understand the bidding stage of construction projects and will provide valuable insights and real-world advice that can be implemented immediately.
AuthorsJohn Darling, Esq., Hunt Ortmann Palffy Nieves Darling & Mah, Inc. Paul Rogoff, Hunt Ortmann Palffy Nieves Darling & Mah, Inc.
Overview of the Procurement Process and Project Delivery Methods
• Bids vs. Proposals
• Bids in a Commercial Environment/ Bids in a Public Works Environment
• Common Project Delivery Systems
• Alternative Project Delivery Methods/Risk Shifting
The Procurement Process - Essentials, Options and Opportunities for Bidding
• Clear, Complete and Appropriate Contract Documents
• Constructability Review Before Bidding Occurs
• Bid Instructions/Proper Scoping
What Can an Owner Do to Increase Quality of Bidders?
• Prequalification/Minimum Experience Qualifications
What Can a Contractor Do to Maximize Estimating Capabilities?
• Calculating Accurate Costs Is Essential to Making a Profit
• Project Post-Mortems
• Invest in Software
What Bidding Practices Say About Your Construction Company
• The Short Term: Market Share and Profitability
• The Long Run: Sustained Growth and Fewer Projects
• There Is Not Necessarily a Correct Way to Bid a Job, but the Means and Methods You Utilize Can Affect Your Company and Its Reputation
Marketing Is Key