Designing for High-Performance: Achieving Goals without Breaking the Budget
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
Building designers, owners and facility managers are under increased pressure to deliver sustainability and other performance outcomes - without the benefit of increased budgets. Meeting these goals using existing budgets requires a methodical approach to establishing meaningful performance targets, optimizing integration strategies and using resources (both time and money) efficiently. This on-demand webinar will examine tools, techniques, technologies and policies for achieving high-performance buildings. You will learn how to leverage existing strategies, practices and technologies to improve building performance.
- You will be able to identify what a high-performance building is.
- You will be able to review fundamental principles for optimizing performance.
- You will be able to discuss emerging metrics for high-performance benefits.
- You will be able to explain funding for high-performance projects.
AuthorsRyan M. Colker, J.D., National Institute of Building Sciences
What Is a High-Performance Building?
A Holistic, Life-Cycle Approach to Cost-Effective Performance
• Introduction to Whole Building Design
• Optimizing for Life-Cycle Performance
• Establishing Performance Goals
• Achieving Performance Goals
• Tools, Techniques and Policies for High Performance
Fundamental Principles for Optimizing Performance
• Optimize Site Selection
• Optimize Energy Use
• Protect and Conserve Water
• Use Greener Materials
• Enhance Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ)
• Optimize Operational and Maintenance Practices
Emerging Metrics for High-Performance Benefits
Funding for High-Performance Projects
• Financial Mechanisms
• Finding Federal, State and Local Incentives for High-Performance Projects