Strategies for Designing a Sustainable Site
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
With increased awareness of the importance of sustainability, design and construction professionals have worked to develop skills and expertise in the sustainable building industry. The most innovative sustainable solutions for a project are not necessarily the ones which overlay the newest technologies or products onto a relatively straightforward architectural design concept. A truly integrated design approach in which architecture works synergistically with site design, sometimes using relatively conventional technologies, can produce an intrinsically sustainable solution to building site design.
- You will be able to discuss several important factors to consider early in the design process for a sustainable site design.
- You will be able to receive details from two real project case studies of LEED® certified facilities.
- You will be able to identify sustainable design techniques for Greenfield settings.
- You will be able to review sustainable design techniques for Urban settings.
AuthorsDavid A. Clark, AIA, LEED® AP, Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.
Kerri Miller, P.E., LEED® AP, Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc.
Design Considerations When Creating a Sustainable Development Project
• The Sustainability Conversation
• Site Context
• Site Features Inventory
• Site Usage and Building Orientation
• Integrated Design Solutions
• Regulatory Approval Processes
Case Study I - Greenfield Setting
• 18,000 SFT Municipal Library
• 10 Acre Site
Case Study II - Urban Setting
• 90,000 SFT Office Building
• Two Acre Site